Cornavirus Update #4
Christ is Risen!
Everyone on the Parish Council is approaching the reopening of All Holy Spirit for religious services in a very thoughtful way, with an abundance of caution and caring for all parishioners, their families and the community at large. We are following the directives from His Eminence Metropolitan Isaiah with an understanding of the impacts of the recent updated Directed Health Measures from Douglas County.
All Holy Spirit will continue to have services at the Chapel, and the faithful will continue to not assemble for these services but pray from their homes and participate in these services only through live streaming until further notice.
His Eminence, Metropolitan Isaiah and His Eminence, Archbishop Elpidophoros are continuing to evaluate the current situation in each of the cities within the individual Metropolis's. Like the United States, different states are taking different approaches to opening their states, counties and cities depending on their specific circumstances surrounding the virus.
For the time being, All Holy Spirit will continue to follow the directives from His Eminence Metropolitan Isaiah in His Protocol dated April 6, 2020. A summary of the directives are below and are in effect until further notice:
1. Father Alexander will continue to have services at the Chapel, and the faithful will continue to not assemble for these services but pray from their homes and participate in these services only through our live streaming on Facebook and YouTube. Services in the Chapel will be limited to Father Alexander, two Chanters and the necessary support not to exceed 5 people (check your bulletin for specific days and times).
2. Father Alexander is not able to offer Confession or to offer Holy Communion to anyone until further notice.
3. Father Alexander will continue to make visitations for those in need of sacramental and pastoral care.
4. The chapel will not be available to the faithful until further notice.
5. All Sunday School classes are cancelled until further notice.
6. All non-liturgical events, classes, fellowships, dinners, organizations, etc. are canceled until further notice.
As you all know, this is a very fluid situation and changes are being made on a regular basis. Consequently, All Holy Spirit will continue to assess the situation and communicate with parishioners as soon as something changes.
To assist in the communication, All Holy Spirit will be holding our second Virtual Town Hall on Thursday May 14th starting at 7:00pm. More information will be sent to you in the near future about how to participate in the Town Hall.
If you have questions, please contact the office and we will do our best to answer any questions you may have.